I recently found a free tablet application form on the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) website.
In this blog, I will be sharing How to fill out an online Application form and get a free government tablet.
About the ACP
The Affordable Connectivity Program, offered by the FCC, aims to ensure that households have affordable access to broadband for various essential purposes such as work, education, healthcare, and more.
This program offers a discount of up to $30 per month for internet services for households that meet the eligibility criteria. For households residing on qualifying Tribal lands, the benefit extends to a discount of up to $75 per month.
Additionally, eligible households have the opportunity to receive a one-time discount of up to $100 when purchasing a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers. To avail of this device discount, households must contribute more than $10 but less than $50 towards the purchase price.
It’s important to note that the Affordable Connectivity Program allows for only one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
Households can qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) if their income falls within or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Alternatively, eligibility can also be established if a member of the household meets any of the following criteria:
- Participation in specific assistance programs, including:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers)
- Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811
- Public Housing
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Residing on Qualifying Tribal lands
To determine your eligibility for the ACP, you can visit the GetInternet.gov website or get in touch with your internet service provider.
Under the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), eligible households can access a range of valuable benefits:
- Service Discount of Up to $30/Month:
- Service Discount of Up to $75/Month on Qualifying Tribal Lands:
- Device Discount of Up to $100: Eligible households also have the opportunity to receive a one-time discount of up to $100 when purchasing a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer from participating providers.
1. How to Fill Online Application Form to Get Free Tablet
At the start of the online application for the Affordable Connectivity Program. we share information and tips to help you get started.
Tell them you’d like to sign up to start receiving your benefit, then give them this information below.
2. Send the Free Tablet Application Form Through Mail
Please print the application in either English or Spanish. Application instructions are also available in nine other languages. Free Tablet Application form PDF.
Once you have completed the application and Household Worksheet, kindly send them, along with copies of your required proof documentation, to the following address:
ACP Support Center,
PO Box 9100,
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Please note that if you need a translation of this paragraph into Spanish or any other specific language, you may want to consult a professional translator for accuracy.
List of Documents Required for Online Application Form to Get Free Tablets
- Qualifying Assistance Program Participation:
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
- Household Income:
- Prior year’s tax return
- Current income statement or paycheck stubs
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree, child support award, or similar official document showing income
- Retirement/pension statement of benefits
- Identity and Age Verification:
- Valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Birth certificate
- U.S. driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Government assistance program document
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document
- Address Verification:
- Driver’s license or other valid government, state, or Tribal ID
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Duplicate Address:
- Complete an ACP Household Worksheet if someone else at your address already receives an ACP benefit.
- Emancipated Minor:
- Court document
- Certificate of emancipation
Service Providers that Offer Free tablets Through ACP
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is an initiative designed to provide affordable internet access and devices to eligible low-income households. Here are some businesses and service providers that offer tablets independently of government involvement:
Assurance Wireless: Assurance Wireless provides no-cost tablets that come with a 7-inch touchscreen display and 16GB of storage. Eligibility is often linked to low-income status or participation in a government assistance program.
Cintex Wireless: Cintex Wireless provides free tablets equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen display and 8GB of storage. Qualification may be based on low-income status or participation in a government assistance program.
Easy Wireless: Easy Wireless distributes free tablets with a 7-inch touchscreen display and 16GB of storage. Qualification is typically based on low-income status or participation in a government assistance program.
Q Link Wireless: Q Link Wireless offers Android tablets featuring a 10.1-inch touchscreen display and 32GB of storage. Eligibility is contingent upon low-income status or participation in a government assistance program.
Excess Telecom Tablet: Excess Telecom Tablet features a 7-inch touchscreen display and 16GB of storage. You can apply for a tablet through their website and verify service availability in your state.
AirTalk Wireless: AirTalk Wireless supplies complimentary tablets with a 7-inch touchscreen display and 16GB of storage. Eligibility is typically tied to low-income status or participation in a government assistance program.
TruConnect Wireless: TruConnect Wireless offers free tablets featuring a 10.1-inch touchscreen display and 32GB of storage. You can submit an application for a tablet through their website and verify service availability in your state.
StandUp Wireless: StandUp Wireless offers free tablets equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen display and 16GB of storage. Eligibility criteria often include low-income status or participation in a government assistance program.
To apply for a free tablet, navigate to the provider’s website and verify their service availability in your state. Be prepared to provide evidence of eligibility, such as income documentation or proof of participation in a government assistance program.
Top Free Tablets Provided by the Government
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Apple iPad Pro (Space Gray)
- Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Tablet
- LG G Pad 5
- Microsoft Surface Go 2 in Platinum
- Apple iPad (Space Gray)
- Lenovo Tab 5
- Vortex Tablet
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- Fire HD 10 Tablet
- Google Chromebook
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) offers an excellent opportunity for eligible households to access affordable broadband services and obtain free tablets or other devices. This program, provided by the FCC, aims to bridge the digital divide by providing financial support to households that meet specific criteria.